I like movies. Who doesn’t? I’ve even reviewed movies in the national press. But most movies don’t make an impression, let alone leave an impression. For me, Peaceful Warrior is different.
At face value, this is a feel good movie. ‘The boy who has everything looses it all and rebuilds his life and in the process learns about himself and his place in the world’. What moved me most, however, was the practical philosophy it espoused. Rarely do movies challenge the heart and the intellect at the same time. This movie did it for me.
What challenged me most, though, was the realization that if my clients could live this philosophy fully, there would be no reason for therapists like me to exist. Furthermore, if I could live this philosophy fully, I wouldn’t particularly mind.
Dr Phil Tyson is a Men's Psychotherapist based in Manchester in the UK. He offers:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (cbt) for men in Manchester
- Counselling for men in Manchester
- Psychotherapy for men in Manchester
- Telephone and Skype counselling for men wherever you live
- Supervision and consultative support for therapists in Manchester
- Mediation for employment disputes in Manchester and the UK